Today there are more gyms, fitness classes, online programs, instructional videos, diet and nutrition services, books and information about health, fitness, fat loss, and sports training than ever before in history. Yet according to Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009–2010 2, 3
- More than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or obese.
- More than 1 in 3 adults are considered to be obese.
- More than 1 in 20 adults are considered to have extreme obesity.
- About one-third of children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be overweight or obese.
- More than 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be obese.
It does not stop at obesity. Youth and high school athletics has exploded in popularity and participation and so has a slew of injuries at a rate never before seen.
So how can this be? The simple answer is our industry sucks! Whether it’s the overload of information, misinformation being distributed everywhere, not enough quality control on who is “certified and instructing”, phony online gurus, gyms sacrificing quality for quantity as they race to the bottom lowering prices every other month to totally devalue the industry the end result should come as no surprise.
This is where we step in. K-Strength is the anti-gym. We strive to be the opposite of everything that is wrong in this industry. So if you are tired of all of the bullshit and continuously spinning your wheels and ready to take the steps necessary to achieve your fitness, health, fat loss goals and improve your overall quality of life then we welcome you to come try our programs. Please explore our site and programs and/or contact us with any questions you have and we can get you started right away.